Ernest A. Allaby Founders Award
Every year, DOCARE International presents a prestigious award in recognition of an individual who reflects the ideals of the organization’s founder, Ernest A. Allaby, DO. Recipients of the Ernest A. Allaby Founder’s Award have proven their commitment to DOCARE’s goals through service to medically underserved people through participation and leadership in DOCARE outreach; promotion at the local, state, national or international level; philanthropic support; and upholding the values, goals, and ideals for which DOCARE stands. A previous version of the award honored an additional founder, Robert Klobnak, DO.
Guidelines: This award is given in recognition of outstanding service to DOCARE through the promotion of DOCARE’S values, goals, and service. The Allaby Award is intended for those who have completed all training; the nominee may be a physician or non-physician but must have excelled in service to DOCARE and shown a desire to further DOCARE’s cause.
The DOCARE award selection committee will consider all applicants for this award. All active DOCARE members, as well as full DOCARE chapters, may submit a nomination for consideration.
Nominees for this award are not required to be active members. Past members, non-members, and organizations will also be considered.
The DOCARE award selection committee will consider numerous criteria for this award including, but not limited to, the following service to the DOCARE organization:
- Promotion at the local, state, national or international level in furthering the values, goals, and ideals for which DOCARE stands for.
- Philanthropic support of the DOCARE organization, in the form of monetary support or supplies to DOCARE missions.
Nominations are now closed.
Past Allaby Award Winners:
- Donald Jarnagin, O.D. (2020)
- Kelli Glaser, DO, FACOFP (2019)
- Stanley Grogg, DO, FACOP, FAAP (2016)
- Gary Willyerd, DO (2014)
- Paul McHugh, DO (2013)
- Gautam Desai, DO, FACODP (2012)
- Alan Schalscha, DO (2012)
- Scotty Little, DO (2010)
- Camille Bentley, DO, MPH, FACOFP (2009)
- Michael D. Mallie
- Donald McCandless, PhD
- Nils Olson, DO
- Pedro Rivera, DO
- Larry Jensen, D.A.
- David Dyck, DO
- James Cole, DO, FACS (2011)
- Robert Klobnack
- John Burdick, PhD
- Jan Burdick, PharmD, PhD