Upcoming Outreach Trips
We are pleased to offer the following trip opportunities. Please continue to check this page as additional opportunities become available.
PERU [Closed — At Capacity)
18 March - 25 March 2023
- Location: Iquitos, Peru
- Application Deadline: 10 December 2022
- Trip Leader: Dr. Jodi Flanders (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- To provide education, basic healthcare, and arrange follow-up for the underserved people of Iquitos, Peru and the villages on the Amazon.
- All volunteers must be active DOCARE members and comply with DOCARE guidelines regarding vaccinations, medical evacuation insurance, and safety policies. These guidelines must be agreed to when applying for the trip.
- Volunteers Requested
- MD/DO: all slots have been filled at this time
- NP/PA: all slots have been filled at this time
- Medical Students: all slots have been filled at this time
- Medical Interpreters: 20 (17 slots remain)
- Dentists: all slots have been filled at this time
- Pharmacists: all slots have been filled at this time
- General Volunteers: all slots have been filled at this time
- CME: None
- Trip Details
- The trip begins at Jorge Chavez International Airport, Lima 18 March with overnight accommodations. 19 March the team travels by air to Iquitos for a 3-day clinic followed by boat transfer to two half-day clinics. Cultural activities are included. All in-country transportation is arranged (i.e. airfare to Iquitos, bussing to/from clinic, boat transportation, etc.). Starting with breakfast on 19 March through breakfast on 25 March, all meals will be provided (accommodations to provide breakfasts and dinners with catered lunches while at clinic). Local guides will be utilized while traveling.
- Trip Fee
- $2,306 which includes in-country flights and transportation (international flights to/from Lima are not included); hotel accommodations with AC, private bathrooms, and hot water (18 March - 25 March); meals provided by accommodations in the mornings & evenings with daily lunches catered at clinics (starting with breakfast 19 March - breakfast 25 March); and a cultural activity when on the Amazon. Participants are responsible for additional food expenses incurred on their own; separate, non-group activities; visa; immunizations, and evacuation insurance.
Travel Grants and Scholarships
Please visit our Travel Grants & Scholarships page to learn more about these opportunities.