Rotation Applicant Requirements
- Program participants must be active DOCARE members ( $50 fee for students/$60 fee for residents, good for the duration of your medical school degree or your residency program).
- Once a rotation has been approved, program participants must register and pay for an account directly with My Clinical Exchange ($36.50 normally, or $20 – starting January 2020 – for a 6-month subscription), where all required documents must be uploaded.
- Application documents must be returned 60 days prior to the start date.
- A non-refundable fee of $400 must be paid to DOCARE at least 60 days prior to your rotation start date.
- Program participants must be in good academic standing at an academic institution in the United States (students) or graduates of an accredited allopathic or osteopathic medical school in the United States (residents).
- Program participants must have emergency medical evacuation insurance.
- Program participants are encouraged to have language skills commensurate with the site they visit; in Guatemala, this involves near-fluent knowledge of Spanish, including medical Spanish; in Nicaragua, optional working knowledge or engagement with a translator for an additional fee; and in Kenya, basic knowledge of key Swahili terms for the purpose of etiquette (information will be provided at the time of registration).
- All required forms and permission from your school or residency program for global health rotation are the obligation of the program participant.
- Program Participants may have additional fees to pay directly to the partner organization; please review clinic guidebooks thoroughly to ensure you have completed all necessary registrations.